- To offer a rigorous and comprehensive college preparatory program for all students.
- To enable students to exceed the School District of Philadelphia requirements through the achievement of 24 school based credits, higher level diplomas or individual certificates from the International Baccalaureate Organization and the College Board’s Advanced Placement program.
- To provide a robust International Studies Program that encourages worldwide travel through the organizational support of the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia and other internationally recognized organizations.
- To provide these opportunities in a nurturing and caring community that is characterized by individual integrity and mutual respect within a small yet diverse student population.
- To promote global awareness through intensive study of foreign languages, history, literature, visual arts, mathematics science, economics, international politics and information technology.
- To infuse internationalism into the School District Core Curriculum courses across all disciplines.
- To complement the academic program with leadership opportunities for students, fostering the development of individual talents, academic achievement and civic responsibility.
- To provide an academic program which recognizes the value of disciplined ethical thinking, awareness of cultural differences and respect for a variety of worldviews.