International Baccalaureate Program
Students interested in the full Diploma Program must meet the following requirements:
-All A’s and B’s and no more than one C in 9th and 10th grades.
95% attendance and punctuality.
No suspensions or serious disciplinary referrals under the Code of Conduct while enrolled at Bodine HSIA.
STEPS for Application for the FULL International Baccalaureate Diploma Program:
The IB admissions committee will review all applications. The application process is not designed to deny students entrance into the program; rather, it is designed in an effort to ensure that those who participate have the qualities necessary for success in the program.
Applications for the full IB Diploma Program will be accepted through February 2023.
The International Baccalaureate at Bodine
In April 2005, Bodine High School was authorized to deliver the International Baccalaureate program. Since then, dozens of students have benefitted from the program, earning internationally recognized IB Diplomas and Certificates, studying at elite universities, and continuing on to pursue graduate degrees in their fields. We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The International Baccalaureate is a comprehensive two-year curriculum which promotes student autonomy, independent research, and a rich, post-modern educational environment. The Diploma model is designed as a microcosmic version of a university degree program.
The IB’s programmes are different from other curricula because they:
*encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions;
*develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools;
*encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts;
*develop multilingual students.
The Diploma Program consists of six academic areas. Subjects are studied concurrently and students are exposed to the two great traditions of learning: the humanities and the sciences.
In addition, the IB requires:
• The Extended Essay (EE): students conduct independent original research and write a 4,000-word essay
• Theory of Knowledge (TOK): students are encouraged to consider how they know what they know and to develop habits of reﬂection which they bring to each subject, resulting in a deeper intellectual experience
• Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS): awakens students to a more compassionate and active citizenship through ongoing participation in approved activities
At Bodine High School for International Affairs, the following IB courses are offered at the Standard (SL) or Higher (HL) Level:
• English A Literature
• Spanish B, French B, Portuguese B, French Ab Initio
• History, Business Management
• Mathematics Analysis and Approaches
More information can be found at http://www.ibo.org/