- Student Health ServicesNew School Immunization Clinics
The School District of Philadelphia is partnering with CVS Pharmacy to provide immunizations to students at School Immunization Clinics and CVS Pharmacy locations. The School Immunization Clinics will be held at 12 schools across the city on Wednesdays from 1:00pm to 5:00pm and Saturdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The school-based immunization clinics start on October 31 and end on November 21, 2020. Students must register online to attend and health insurance is required. For more details about the School Immunization Clinics, including how students can sign-up and other options available for uninsured students, please visit www.philasd.org/vax.
As a reminder, Pennsylvania law requires all students attending school virtually or in-person to have their vaccinations by November 2. Students that do not have the required vaccines by November 2nd will be excluded from school by being marked unexcused absent until they have received the appropriate vaccines or an exemption form has been submitted to your school nurse.
- Information concerning chromebooks For chromebook distribution and repair click HERE for hours and distribution centers. Click HERE for a letter regarding chromebooks. Returning students will hold onto their chromebooks until the start of the next school year. Seniors and others not returning to the school district can drop off their chromebooks to one of the drop-off centers mentioned in the letter.
- Right To Know letter Click Right To Know letter to read the 20-21 parent right to know letter. Y espanol RTK (espanol)
- The Bodine community is here for you. We care and support our students and families during these difficult times. An Important Message in Response to Recent Events from Superintendent Dr. Hite:
“Only by continuing to have honest conversations about these issues can we move forward as a school district, a city and a country. Please use the resources below to support these crucial conversations:
- NY Times: An Antiracist Reading List
- Anti-Racism Resources
- National Geographic: Talking to Kids About Race
- NPR – Talking Race With Young Children
- Parent Toolkit – How to Talk to Kids about Race and Racism
- Affirming Black Boys outside the Context of Police Brutality
- 31 Children’s books to support conversations on race, racism and resistance
By working together and supporting one another, we can make it through these challenging times.
To take immediate action to fight for Breonna Taylor, please visit FightForBreonna.org.