Applications for the full IB Diploma Program will be accepted through February 8 2019. Students have received application packets in advisory and in their English classes. Additionally, application packets can be obtained from Ms. Mackay, the Roster Office, and 10th grade advisors and English teachers.
STEPS for Application for the FULL International Baccalaureate Program:
1. Complete the Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/Oul5hKH3hvDQY7vf1
2. Students and parents review and sign the signature page in the packet.
3. Students submit writing samples according to the directions in the packet.
4. Students ask two Bodine teachers to provide recommendations. The teachers’ names will be submitted as part of the Google Form and they will be contacted by the admissions committee.
The IB admissions committee will review all applications. The application process is not designed to deny students entrance into the program; rather, it is designed in an effort to ensure that those who participate have the qualities necessary for success in the program.
The International Baccalaureate at Bodine
In April 2005, Bodine High School was authorized to deliver the International Baccalaureate program. Since then, dozens of students have benefitted from the program, earning internationally recognized IB Diplomas and Certificates, studying at elite universities, and continuing on to pursue graduate degrees in their fields. We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The International Baccalaureate is a comprehensive two-year curriculum which promotes student autonomy, independent research, and a rich, post-modern educational environment. The Diploma model is designed as a microcosmic version of a university degree program.
The IB’s programmes are different from other curricula because they:
*encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions;
*develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools;
*encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts;
*develop multilingual students.
The Diploma Program consists of six academic areas. Subjects are studied concurrently and students are exposed to the two great traditions of learning: the humanities and the sciences.
In addition, the IB requires:
• The Extended Essay (EE): students conduct independent original research and write a 4,000-word essay
• Theory of Knowledge (TOK): students are encouraged to consider how they know what they know and to develop habits of reﬂection which they bring to each subject, resulting in a deeper intellectual experience
• Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS): awakens students to a more compassionate and active citizenship through at least 150 hours of extra-curricular activities
At Bodine High School for International Affairs, the following IB courses are offered at the Standard (SL) or Higher (HL) Level:
• English A Literature
• Spanish B, French B, Portuguese B (anticipated in fall 2019)
• History, Business Management
• Mathematics SL, Math Studies
• Group 6: Visual Arts
More information can be found at http://www.ibo.org/